The General Data Protection Regulation is Europe’s new transformative data protection law which regulates the collection, use, transfer and storage for EU individuals. The new regulations are designed to provide stronger control of personal data as well as rights transparency over how your data is used. The GDPR will come into force as of the 25th of May, 2018.
The GDPR specifically applies to data which contains personal identifying information. Examples of personal data under the GDPR includes names, ID numbers, locations and online identifiers, such as Internet Protocol (IP) numbers and addresses.
Whilst the GDPR is an EU directive, any company that does business with EU residents will be subject to GDPR.
Our Privacy Notice has been updated to ensure that it meets high transparency requirements for data privacy and explains in clear language what information we collect, how we use it, and the choices and controls you have in regards to this. You are able to review our Privacy Notice here on the Amy Victoria Fit website.
Amy Victoria Fit has reviewed and updated our data handling procedures as well as data policies including our Privacy Notice, and will be compliant on May 25th, 2018 when the GDPR becomes effective. We strongly encourage you to read through our updated Privacy Notice for more information on your personal data.
The GPDR has strengthened data protection and now gives individuals the right to:
- Request your data be deleted under the ‘right to be forgotten’ regulations
- Provide consent for businesses to collect data
- Withdraw consent at any time to use of your data
- Update, correct and export your data
Additionally, Amy Victoria Fit is committed to:
- Ensuring the security and confidentiality of your personal data
- Ensuring we only request and process data that is necessary to provide our service to you and we are transparent about how we use your data
- Ensuring data storage limitations so that your data is deleted when it is no longer needed.
To access all our latest features, including GDPR compliance from May 25th, please update your app to the latest version available in Google Play and iTunes stores.
Feel free to submit a Support request and our Customer Support team would be happy to help with any questions you might have.